Easily add locations without a virtual tour to your Custom Map
While building a Custom Map, you may find some locations you wish to add that do not have a virtual tour yet. There are two possible scenarios for this:
- The Creator is actively working in your destination but has yet to capture that Location
- The location that you wish to map is not one you intend to be captured (like a parking garage or hospital)
This should not however prevent you from being able to add any of these locations to a map and distribute to potential visitors or a meeting/event planner. In the Dashboard, any location without a tour is considered a pin. You'll need to add the location as a pin if it does not yet exist in your Dashboard.
To create a Pin
- Navigate to the Locations tab in your Dashboard
- Click Add Location in the top right hand corner.
- Search for the location in the search box. This will display results based on your query and IP address.
- Select a suggested result or type in the Location details. If you selected a suggested result, the address details will auto-fill.
- Edit the location details if necessary (address, website, email etc.)
- Upload a thumbnail still image (if desired, you can also do this in the Map Builder).
You can now search and find this location within the Map Builder to plot this location on your Custom Map. You can make further adjustments in the Map tool itself, such as changing the category, adding a subtitle, or adding a Call-To-Action.