Custom Maps are used to create – and distribute – visual maps that include your Virtual Tours – and are a highly engaging and versatile way of telling the story of a location.
Custom Maps can be easily customized, and provide an overview of a destination, or alternately, all the locations that are part of an event, experience, or tour – such as a Wine Trail experience or local festival. Creating these maps is easy and can be completed in just a few clicks:
- Navigate to the "Maps" tab
- To add a map, just click the “Add Map Button”, and give the map a title.
- For each map, you may choose to set an “Anchor” (base reference location), or just add any location that you want. Anchor maps are good for events that focus around a central point of interest and you want to show locations around that point of interest, say a convention or conference as the focal point, and neighboring dining options nearby.
- If just adding locations- say, for a site-visit or restaurant week event- you would just simply Add Locations to the map.
- Click on the Locations in the left hand panel to customize any categories, add calls-to-action, and update any relevant contact info.
- When you are finished customizing, select the Share button at the top to share your map. You also have publishing options to embed or print your Collection Map.
In just a few minutes, you have created a mapped virtual experience that is ready to be shared with your network!