Get the answer you need to some of our most common user and Dashboard questions.
Why Virtual Tours?
How can I share a Virtual Tour on social media?
How do I change a Location’s category?
Can I import a bulk of Locations together?
How do I change a Location's hours?
How do I delete Locations from my Locations library?
How do I add other users from my team?
How do I add a still image thumbnail to a Location?
How can I report a concern or remove an old Virtual Tour?
How do I update the names of the individual Virtual Tours for a Location?
- Why Virtual Tours?
- Our world is vastly interconnected and the ability to travel the world far and wide has advanced in so many ways. With the excess of information and imagery all around us, visitors seek clear, powerful, and engaging ways to learn about new places and plan their travel. Threshold Virtual Tours provide a new level of context by allowing visitors to virtually visit, step inside, and explore a location. This visualization gives visitors a confidence in their choices, and provides quality location details that can't be summarized by a rest-stop brochure or a still image on a website. Still not convinced? Explore the Discover map, and see for yourself!
- How can I share a Virtual Tour on social media?
- From the Dashboard, Select the Locations tab, and search and select the Location you would like to share. Open the Location and select the Virtual Tours tab on the left hand side. Decided if you want to share All spaces or an individual Virtual Tour and select the appropriate thumbnail. A preview box will appear. Select Share. You can copy and paste the Share Page URL, or select the social media platform you wish to share with.
- How do I change a Location’s category?
- When added to the Dashboard, every location is assigned a basic category: Food & Dining, Bars, Cafes, Lodging, Things to Do, Shopping, Health & Relaxation, or Services. The category is chosen based on its location data, but occasionally it is assigned the wrong category. To change the category, contact Support and we will review the category re-assignment. While we cannot add custom categories to Locations in the Discover and Location tabs, you are able to create and reassign custom categories to those Locations in the Maps tab.
Can I import a bulk of locations together?
Yes, but this will be based on your Platform Plan. First, your locations need to be organized into a CSV spreadsheet that includes a breakdown of locations by name, full address, and any other relevant location data you want to add (location website or phone number for example).
- How do I change a Location's hours?
- Location hours are sourced from the Location's Google listing page. If that data happens to be wrong, please contact Support. This will need to be adjusted by our team.
- How do I delete locations from my Locations library?
- In the Locations tab, search for the location you would like to remove from your account. Click the Location to open to the Locations Details page. On the left side of your screen will be a list of tabs, and right below that is a gray button labeled "Deactivate." Click this only if you're sure you would like to remove that listing from your Locations library.
- How do I add other users from my team?
- Your licensed account can be accessed by several users who can each set up an individual account. To add additional users, navigate to your User Settings by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner of the Dash. In the User Settings menu, select Team Members, and then input the email address of the users you'd like to add. This will send them an account setup email where they can select their own password to login. Offboard old accounts or team members by selecting Remove next to their email address.
- How do I add a still image thumbnail to a Location?
- You can add a still image thumbnail to a Location by searching for it within the Locations tab. Once you find the location, click on the Location card to open up to the Locations Details page. Click the "Thumbnail" box to select an image from your computer. You can always upload a new image to replace a thumbnail, should you want to change it later. You can also upload a still image to a Location from the Collection Map builder. Add the Location to your map, select that Location from the left hand panel, and click the black thumbnail box to upload an image.
- How can I report a concern or remove an old virtual tour?
- If you need to report a concern with a Location's virtual tours, select the small ℹ️ info icon on the Virtual Tour viewer panel. Select the reason for removal, such as location closings, or needs a deeper experience, and our Support team will review the flag.
- How do I update the names of the individual Virtual Tours for a Location?
- Navigate to the Locations tab and search for the Location. Open the Location and select the Virtual Tours tab. Scroll down to the Virtual Tour thumbnail you wish to update. Click the thumbnail to open and navigate to the Settings tab. Update the name as you would like, then click off the panel to save and display your change.
"A prudent question is one-half of wisdom."