Get the answers you need to the questions other people have been asking too.
Why Virtual Tours?
How can I share a virtual tour on social media?
How do I change a location’s category?
How can I report a concern or remove an old virtual tour?
Can I import a bulk of locations together?
How do I change a Location's hours?
How do I delete locations from my Locations library?
How do I add other users from my team?
How do I add or remove a thumbnail?
How do I update the names of the individual Virtual Tours for a Location?
- Why Virtual Tours?
- Our world is vastly interconnected and the ability to travel the world far and wide has advanced in so many ways. With the excess of information and imagery all around us, visitors seek clear, powerful, and engaging ways to learn about new places and plan their travel. Threshold Virtual Tours provides a new level of context by allowing visitors to virtually visit, step inside, and explore a location. This visualization gives visitors a confidence in their choices, and provides quality location details that can't be summarized by a rest-stop brochure or a still image on a website. Still not convinced? Explore the Discover map, and see for yourself!
- How can I share a virtual tour on social media?
- From the Threshold Map, Search or select the Location you would like to share. When the Location display panel appears, select the Share button to the right of the location name. You can copy and paste the URL into a new window, or select the social media platform you wish to share with.
- How do I change a location’s category?
- When added to the Dashboard, a location is assigned a basic category: Food & Dining, Bars, Cafes, Lodging, Things to Do, Shopping, Health & Relaxation, or Services. The category is chosen based on its location data, but occasionally it is assigned the wrong category. To change the category, contact Support and we will review the category assignment.
- How can I report a concern or remove an old virtual tour?
- If you need to report a concern with a Location's virtual tours, select the small ℹ️ info icon on the Virtual Tour viewer panel. Select the reason for removal, such as location closings, or needs a deeper experience, and our Support team will review the flag.
- Can I import a bulk of locations together?
- Yes, you can but this will be based on your Platform Plan. First, your locations need to be organized into a CSV spreadsheet that includes a breakdown of locations by name, full address, and any other relevant location data you want to add (location website or phone number for example).
- How do I change a Location's hours?
- Location hours are sourced from the location's Google listing page. If that data happens to be wrong, please contact Support. This will need to be adjusted by our team.
- How do I delete locations from my Locations library?
- In the Locations tab, search for the location you would like to remove from your account. Click the thumbnail card to open to the Locations Details page. On the left side of your screen will be a list of tabs, and right below that is a gray button labeled "Deactivate." Click this only if you're sure you would like to remove that listing from your Locations library.
- How do I add other users from my team?
- Your licensed account can be accessed by several users who can each set up an individual account. To add additional users, please provide the full name and email addresses to the Support team, and they will be invited to set up their account.
- How do I add or remove a thumbnail?
- You can add a thumbnail to a Location by searching for it within the Locations tab. Once you find the location, click on the thumbnail card to open up to the Locations Details page. Click the "Thumbnail" box to select an image from your computer. You can always re-upload to replace a thumbnail should you want to change it later.
- How do I update the names of the individual Virtual Tours for a Location?
- Navigate to the Locations tab and search for the location. Open the Locations Details page and select the Virtual Tours tab. Scroll down to the virtual tour thumbnail you wish to change. Click the thumbnail image to open and navigate to the Settings tab. Update the name as you would like, then click off the panel to save and display your change.
"A prudent question is one-half of wisdom."