This article explains Threshold 360's Go Back Policy, that is those instances when Threshold requests the Creator to recapture a space
All Threshold Virtual Tours should follow the Principles of Capturing a Quality Location. This is the guide to assessing content that the Content QA team uses to determine whether a Creator needs to Go Back or not and whether a Go Back will be paid or not.
Recapture - General term used for anytime a location needs their content to be updated, whether by Creator mistake, customer request, or a general refresh due to old content
Refresh - Content at a location requires a partial or full update because existing content is now inaccurate and/or old
Go Back - New content that was recently captured by a Creator that has been flagged by Content QA. Go Back can either be Paid or Unpaid.
Criteria for requesting that a Creator “Go Back” paid
- Threshold is unable to edit the content and fix the problem (e.g. there are too many panos but we can't delete some in order to simulate better spacing)
- No mistake was made by the Creator, rather, for a technical or circumstantial reason, the user experience is significantly degraded
- Due to inclement weather, the Creator was not able to finish the capture session
- The Creator has not been sent on a Go Back in the past (Creators receive a "free pass" for the first Go Back)
Criteria for requesting that a Creator “Go Back” unpaid
- Threshold is unable to edit the content and fix the problem (e.g. there are too many panos but we can delete some in order to simulate better spacing)
- A mistake was made by the Creator that significantly degrades the user experience, including but not limited to:
- Missing Grandview shots resulting in a lack of context
- Missing content - full spaces not captured that result in key aspects of the location not being highlighted
- Bad transitions resulting in the user going through objects, doors, corners, walls, etc.
- Uncentered doorway transition shots
- The Creator or the camera/equipment is visible in the virtual tour experience
- Technical/equipment difficulties that are the result of Creator error
- The Creator has been sent on a Go Back in the past (they’ve used their one "free pass")