Customize your Threshold Links for any Location by adding a button that links out to another website
Many customers find value in using their virtual tours for virtual site visits or proposals regarding particular locations. For these types of scenarios and others, including additional web links within the Threshold Link allows them to funnel viewers directly to important booking or information pages that can accompany the virtual tours.
- A hotel showcasing only their meeting spaces may want to include a link to their Request for Proposal webpage.
- An event at a venue may want to include the event space virtual tours as well as a link to more information about the event.
- A restaurant showing their dining accommodations may want to link to a reservations website for easy booking.
To create a custom Threshold and include a Call-to-Action:
- Navigate to your Dashboard's Location Tab. Search for the Location and click the location name, which will take you to the Virtual Tour Detail Page.
- In the bottom right panel is the Threshold Pane, which houses all your Threshold links.
- Create a new Link by clicking the +Add Custom Threshold button.
- Customize the URL, give the page an internal name, and then fill in the Call-to-Action label with the language you wish to display on the button. Some examples:
- Learn More Information
- Book your Event
- Request for Proposal
- Make a Reservation
- Give us a Call
- In the Call-to-Action URL field, paste the link of the webpage you want your CTA button to link to.
- If you wish to include a telephone number instead of a webpage, you can use this snippet in the URL field instead: tel: 555-555-5555
- After you have made adjustments within the CTA Label and URL fields, toggle on Tour Details if you'd like to include them (if applicable).
- Next, select the individual Virtual Tours you want visible. When you have made your selection, hit Save and close the window.
- On the Link you just created, click the Copy Link to copy the URL to your clipboard, and then paste it wherever you'd like: into a new browser window, into an email, or post it anywhere you can include a web link. If you wish to Embed your custom Threshold, navigate to the 'Embed' tab and copy the code to paste into your website.
Each custom Threshold you create will be housed under that Location in the Locations tab. You can access and edit any previous pages created, and delete any older pages. This is a dynamic tool as well, so feel free to make edits to Thresholds as needed without having to resend the link to someone you may have already shared it with. If you decide to remove a visible tour or change the CTA, the links you have already sent out will update in real-time to reflect those changes.
*Note: If you change the URL Slug or Delete a custom page, this will not allow previous viewers to see the Threshold Link via the same link. Please exercise caution if making changes to those fields if you've already sent out a Threshold Link or published it elsewhere.