Steps to follow when finishing up at an appointment
Delivering A+ service at locations is paramount to Threshold. A lot of people can capture and there are a myriad of software platforms available to deliver content. It's these little touches that go a long way.
At the end of a scheduled capture appointment, it’s recommended that Creators do the following:
- Ask the POC if there’s anything else they’d like captured to ensure that you got everything they wanted. Remember, the more the better!
- If that’s it, hand them a Leave Behind card.
- Point them to the side of the card with the QR code and ask them to take the survey because it helps you.
- Flip to the other side of the card and let them know where to go if they have questions (threshold360.com/dmopartner) and tell them that’s where they can find instructions on viewing the virtual tours after processing is done.
- Write your name in the Creator Name space and say “Again my name is X, if you need to schedule another appointment you can do so at this link (threshold360.com/schedule) and that will go right to my calendar"
- Tell them that "it is was great capturing with them today. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything at all!"
To view and download Threshold's current Leave Behind cards, go here. If you need more Leave Behind cards, let your project manager know.
Tip! -- Write the DMO customer's name in the Creator Name space alongside your name. You can find that space on the back of the leave behind card (see here).