Just heard your DMO is working with Threshold? Find some answers to your questions here.
What is the capture process like?
- A Certified Threshold 360 Creator will show up at your location with a small 360° camera and a tripod, nothing else. They will move their equipment to various photo positions throughout the spaces that you'd like captured and take photos with the Threshold 360 Capture app. Each space only takes a few minutes.
- Watch this 2-minute video to see exactly what it's like when a Threshold 360 Creator captures
How should we set up our space?
- If your staff has the capacity and you wish to set up your space as if you’re hosting an event, with tables, chairs, and decor - go for it! These virtual tours are meant to help you sell your space. However, most locations are presenting fully empty spaces which still communicates your size and layout. We do ask that storage, debris, and anything you would not want a prospective guest to see be removed. We all benefit from capturing a clean and professional-looking space.
- If you’re implementing COVID precautions like mask signs, distancing signs on the ground, spaced-out seating, etc, we think that’s a fantastic look to present to prospective guests and customers. We recommend you keep this look and capture it accordingly. We can always come back at a later date and capture your space again if/when the environment changes.
- Most of our DMO partner locations are keeping their set-up as is, outside of basic clean up and rearranging, assuming that they will be operating as they are for a while. Keep in mind that although this content is used for marketing and promotion, the goal of 360° content is to show prospects a realistic view of the location. Again, much of this has to do with the staff and resources available to you at the time of capture.
- Only a single Creator will show up with a tripod, a handheld 360° camera, and a badge. The Creator capturing your space will be listed on the confirmation email that you receive once you schedule with us. Ready to schedule? Go here.
- Our imagery is not edited beyond color correction and facial blurring. So if there is something in the shot that does not belong, it will be captured! Our Creators may move smaller items out of the way, like housekeeping carts at a hotel, but other than that, you should proactively walk your space and rearrange larger items before our Creator arrives.
- When you schedule with us by going to threshold360.com/schedule you'll get a chance to input a shot list (like this). This is sent directly to our Creator. They will confirm this list with you upon arrival and make any changes that you'd like at that time.
- Not at all. We have the ability to reorder any of the spaces. Typically our Creators capture in whatever order is most convenient for you according to what you have prepared. So, if there's an event going on in the meeting room that will be cleared out in 30 minutes, then no worries, we can save that for last.
- Due to demand, and out of respect for both our Creators and other partners' time, we ask that each session does not go over the allotted time (typically 90 minutes). You are more than welcome to schedule an additional session. If our Creator is happy to stay longer and extend the original capture session, then they are free to do so, but they may have another appointment to get to.
- We can still capture all the areas of your facility that are not undergoing changes and return at a later date to fill in anything that was missed. We’d rather get you and our DMO partner some content sooner than later so that it can be used in upcoming campaigns.
- Content goes live to the Threshold Map 72 hours after we capture. To see your content at that time, go to the Threshold Map or check out this article on how to view and share the virtual tour of your location.
- Unfortunately, we don't have any control over inclement weather, but we do have some options: we can maintain your appointment and capture just the interior imagery and return for the exterior imagery at another time, or we can reschedule and capture it all at once at a later date. Please let us know at least 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule entirely.
- All content can be easily embedded on a website by subscribing to the Threshold Platform which gives you access to the embed code and other tools that you need to do this - along with analytics, our Collections Maps, and much more. If you’re interested in subscribing, go here. Because of our partnership with the DMO, you’ll be published to their website, the Threshold Map, and uploaded to your Google Listing Page. To access a shareable link of your content, search on the Threshold Map.
- Our Creators are prohibited from signing any release forms outside of a COVID medical screening form, etc. If this is an issue for your location, contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- To reschedule or cancel an appointment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org more than 24 hours prior to your appointment. If you’re within that 24-hour window, please take a look at our Reschedule & Cancellation Policy.
- Possibly! Depending on the type of content and how your virtual tour was captured, we might be able to use your existing imagery and upload it to the Threshold Platform. If what you have is actual 360° panoramic imagery, then it's likely we can use at least some of the content. To see if what you have is compatible, contact email@example.com and include a link to your virtual tour. Our support team will make an assessment and request the files from you if we think they will be usable.